Creation of a riverside country park providing a high quality biodiverse amenity.
This will provide:
• Park to be easily accessible from residential areas via a network of pedestrian and cycle routes across the site
• To be similar in character to Rodden Meadow with a range of wildlife areas and habitats created through wetland areas
• Promoting access to the river as part of a wider programme by the Friends of the River Frome. The hope is that this section will eventually be connected via a continuous corridor and active travel routes to the station and town centre
• Enhanced recreation facilities through provision of grass pitches
• A network of activity (trim) trails providing circular routes around the wider neighbourhood to promote healthy living
• Provision of a wildlife study centre promoting education about the local environment and River Frome
• Landscape and planting to create a wide range of habitats increasing biodiversity within the river corridor
• Opportunity for small-scale hydroelectric generation
• A new bridge crossing the River Frome connecting residential and employment areas and extending recreational routes across the wider site
Whilst we hope most people will be able to access this information online, a printed version of the consultation can be viewed by appointment at Rook Lane Chapel, Bath Street, Frome, BA11 1DN for the duration of the consultation period.
To arrange an appointment, please telephone 01373 468 030 or email email@example.com
Copyright © 2020 Selwood Garden Community - All Rights Reserved.
This consultation ran from the 25th September - 18th October 2020. Thank you for all your comments in relation to this exciting project for Frome.